Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:49:35 -0500
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch sets to date and timing tests with Giant out of userret.

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 04:46:45PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> writes:
> > On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 04:30:43PM +0100, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> > > *shrug* so we need a port of a devel version of apr.  It's what the
> > > scientific community calls an "engineering problem" :)
> > at the moment, the primary thing holding me back is the fact that
> > the apr people, while they do distribute tarballs of the devel version
> > of apr, they don't keep them around, so there wasn't a tarball to
> > point the port to that would be good for more than 5 days.  that,
> > combined with the fact that subversion tends to track apr really
> > closely, so we would end up needing to update the port a lot, has kept
> > me from putting too much time into an apr port.
>
> The first problem is solveable by storing tarballs on freefall and
> using that as MASTER_SITE.  The second (assuming the changes are
> mostly to the code and not to the build infrastructure) is a non-
> problem; if you keep me informed whenever a new tarball is out, I'll
> keep the port up-to-date.

cool, i'll put together an apr port and have the next version of my
subversion port use that.

> Do you have a port skeleton for apr?

not at the moment.  i'll put one together tonight, assuming nobody
else beats me to it.

-garrett

--
garrett rooney                     Unix was not designed to stop you from
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net       doing stupid things, because that would