Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:04:25 +0100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <mavetju@chello.nl>
To:        Simon1 <simon1@simon1.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /stand/sysinstall & telnet display incorrect

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 10:52:06PM -0500, Simon1 wrote:
> I did a fresh install of FreeBSD on a new gateway of mine, and after doing
> so logged in via SSH* on my windows system, ran /stand/sysinstall, and the
> world was good. I saw colors, the menus were happy, everything was fine.

Your terminal and the remote machine probably don't agree on what
terminal emulation to use probably. Go find in the settings of your
terminal program what kind of terminal you have (maybe vt102?) and
check that with the one FreeBSD has detected (echo $TERM). Making
them the same might solve the problem, but my experience is that
none of the commercial terminal/X clients has all the functionality
defined built-in.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions:
mavetju@chello.nl |                     http://fataldimensions.nl.eu.org/