Date:      Fri, 08 Feb 2002 17:42:53 +1030 (CST)
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Thomas Skibo <skibo@pacbell.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: d-link dwl-650 hangs when WEP is on.

On 08-Feb-2002 Thomas Skibo wrote:
> I've got a D-link DWL-650 in a laptop running Freebsd 4.5.  I use it
> in ad-hoc mode to talk to a Freebsd tower with a Linksys WMP-11 (the
> tower runs NAT, talks to my DSL, etc.).  I've enabled 128-bit WEP.

I have a DWL-650 talking to a DWL-1000AP and I can only get 40 bit WEP but it
seems to work fine..

I tried a 128 bit firmware upgrade for the AP and the card but that hose my
xfer rate totally (like down to 1-2kb/sec) so I had to get the old firware off
D-Link..

---
are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum