Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2012 20:50:10 -0700
From:      Derek Kulinski <takeda@takeda.tk>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problem reading vitals from Gigabyte H77-DH3H

Hello Andriy,

Friday, October 19, 2012, 6:27:11 AM, you wrote:

> Here is a (quite large) patch:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~avg/sensors.diff
> Please note that if affects both kernel and userland code.
> Read it(4) manual page after upgrading.  Note that you will need to add some
> entries to /boot/device.hints (unless your upgrade procedure would automatically
> merge the file).

I applied it to RELENG_9 as of today, recompiled the userland and
kernel (I did not see any errors).

The it device loaded successfully, unfortunately I don't see any
effect; the hw.acpi.thermal does not change (though I guess it not
supposed to), sysctl hw.sensors and hw._sensors do not return anything
(not even a complaint that it does not exist).

sensord returns:
sensorsd: no sensors found

--
Best regards,
 Derek                            mailto:takeda@takeda.tk

"unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; unmount; sleep"  - my daily unix command list