Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 15:41:47 +1100
From:      Chris Aitken <chris@ideal.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spawning an application with a shell in tow

At 02:59 PM 26/11/2001, you wrote:

>Is there any way to spawn off my command so that it utilises a shell, or
>some sort of shell equivilant so expect can run...  This is how im
>executing the script....

I had a reply suggesting I add a sh -c to the front of my spawning which
seems to partly solve my problem but ive noticed another occurance in the
error logs of apache which I cannot explain..

[snip date shite] Premature end of script headers: /location/to/script.cgi

No matter if the script has EVERYTHING hashed out, it comes up with this
error, and in the browser barfs with an internal server error....

however, if I execute the perl script command line on the freebsd box, it
executes perfectly.... execute it from the web server and it dies...

any ideas ?

Thanks

Chris

--
     Chris Aitken - Administration/Database Designer - IDEAL Internet
  email: chris@ideal.net.au  phone: +61 2 4628 8888  fax: +61 2 4628 8890