Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 03:23:44 -0700
From:      "none none" <pridesites@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Password reset question

I had a server which I haven't used in about a year, with data on it that
I'd like to access.  Unforunately I forgot the root password.  I've tried
the "boot -s" option but once it finishes booting it displays "enter root
password or ^D for multiuser access". (Not bypassing the root password...  I
have physical access to the machine. How can I reset or recover the
password?