Date:      Wed, 14 Sep 2005 19:33:27 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        shafi kamal <shafi_2k12003@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Getting assistant to install 4.4BSD-Lite2  software

shafi kamal wrote:

> Hello,
>   I am a new user to 4.4FreeBSD . I have collected the 4.4BSD-Lite2.tar.gz file & trying to set up i.e install 4.4BSD-Lite2 distribution software in my FreeBSD system.
> I am in some truble. Can u show we me the way to make installation complete.

I guess you mean FreeBSD 4.4 (September 2001)? This release has nothing
to do with 4.4BSD-Lite2 (June 1995). Use "uname -r" to find out your
exact version. I suggest to start with a more recent release, e.g.
FreeBSD 5.4 (May 2005). You'll find some information about the relation
to 4.4BSD-Lite2 in this text:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/history.html

The handbook (freebsd.org/handbook) is a good reference to start with
FreeBSD.

Björn