Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:56:07 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new rc.network6 and rc.firewall6

[redirected to just -current; I'm not sure what this has to do with -net]

> I agree.  I've been using them for a while on my dog slow Windows CE
> machine.  There were some minor issues when they were first committed
> to NetBSD on some platforms (due to a too early use of ps and some
> brokeness in ps on pmax, for example), but these were quickly
> resolved.

So, who wants to do a proof-of-concept implementation for -current
which integrates with our existing rc.conf mechanism?  In order to
obey POLA, we should at least have the separate scripts switch off the
same knobs whenever possible.

It's something I'd be willing to do, I guess.  I have some history
with the rc.foo files. :)

- Jordan