Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 2014 11:02:06 -0500
From:      Shawn Webb <lattera@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   nvidia-driver fails to load gui

Hey All,

More new laptop woes. The good-ish news is that the VESA driver works, but
x11/nvidia-driver doesn't. I'm on a Lenovo Y50-70. When I run `startx`, it
appears that xorg switches to a new vty, but doesn't actually bring up the
UI. I see a new console (as in vty) with a cursor at the top left corner.

xorg.conf is pasted here: http://ix.io/1Dr
Xorg.0.log is pasted here: http://ix.io/1Dq

I'll just use the VESA driver for now, but it'd be nice to be able to hook
the laptop up to a second monitor or a projector, which I can't do with the
VESA driver.

Thanks,

Shawn