Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 14:40:29 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mundie, Perens, GPL, BSD etc again

> >>And if you think VW has no competition in ugliness of small cars --
> >>check out http://www.smart.com (a Daimler-Chrysler company)
> >>These monstrosities are plentiful on Paris roads, and expensive, and I
> >>can't understand it.
>
> 	Actually, the MCC Smart is a quite attractive car in my book.  If
> you want ugly, there are plenty of other tiny two seaters I've seen
> running around here in Belgium that are far, far uglier.

I haven't seen any here yet.  I know of one upcoming low-cost car
project in India, the Reva (http://www.revaindia.com) but that's
electric, for which I'm willing to forgive a lot.  The Smart doesn't
even have that saving grace (nor is it low-cost)...

> 	Actually, it looks a lot like the Mercedes A-Class, because there

That looks hideous too, in my book.  But it's not in the same category
as the smart; more like Suzuki's Wagon-R, or Hyundai's Santro (a model
they have in India, I'm not sure about other countries).  All of which
look ghastly.

- Rahul.