Date:      Thu, 08 Apr 1999 17:16:54 -0600
From:      Juan Kuuse <freebsd@quik.guate.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Cirrus Logic GD5429 Video Adapter

I got a Cirrus Logic GD5429 Video Adapter with 1 MB RAM (RAMDAC integrated)
As I can't read anything at a higher resolution than 640x480 (due to my low-cost
Markvision 14" monitor),
I only use that resolution, and then my video adapter permits displaying 16 bits
color depth.
The problem is that the X-server refuses to start with any higher resolution than 8
bits.
I read the "option linear required" message, and enter the video adapter submenu in
XF86Setup to find out how to configure.
I uncomment the "option linear", but the there are two hex adresses, and I haven't
got the faintest idea how to configure them.
Shall I uncomment them both? May I change the values?

Appreciating any ideas.

/Juan Kuuse