Date:      Thu, 01 Apr 1999 16:28:22 -0800
From:      "David G. Paschich" <dpassage@flophouse.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   recent -STABLE system having trouble keeping time

So I have this system that ran 2.2.5-R for months without a problem
(just over one year uptime).  The clock ran slightly fast, but xntpd
kept it in check without difficulty.

I recently upgraded it to 3.1-R via binary install, then to -Stable as
of this last weekend or so via sources.  Ever since I installed 3.1,
the clock is running significantly faster, gaining as much as 10
minutes in an hour, and xntpd has been complianing:

Apr  1 16:00:50 flophouse xntpd[2221]: Previous time adjustment didn't complete
Apr  1 16:01:17 flophouse last message repeated 6 times
Apr  1 16:08:25 flophouse xntpd[2221]: Previous time adjustment didn't complete
Apr  1 16:08:49 flophouse xntpd[2221]: Previous time adjustment didn't complete

Anyone have any advice?

--------
David G. Paschich
dpassage@flophouse.com