Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 12:13:42 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa <y-nakaga@nwsl.mesh.ad.jp>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Ted Faber <faber@ISI.EDU>, Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any success with CirrusLogic 6729/6730???

In message <199904110730.QAA07786@chandra.eatell.msr.prug.or.jp> NAKAGAWA Yoshihisa writes:
: Why do you ignore the hardware connection topology, and stick to
: "an PCIC is NOT an ISA device" ? What is the reason ?

I'm curious about this as well.  It seems pretty clear to me in the
work I've done on the laptops I've had that PCIC is indeed a bridge
device that has an ISA or PCI attachment.

I do think that the "new bus" stuff that is being worked on will make
many of these arguments go away.  It is like newconfig, only more
dynamic and flexible (in a very brief nutshell).

I'll be getting a new laptop on Monday that has CardBus in it, and I'd
like to see CardBus support.  I'll be taking a look at the work that
has been done in this area with an eye towards including it FreeBSD's
mainline, likely with any changes needed for it to work with newbus.

Warner