Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 21:48:26 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        nate@yogotech.com
Cc:        JHowie@msn.com (John Howie), phk@critter.freebsd.dk (Poul-Henning Kamp), brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass), chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftpd bug in FreeBSD through at least 3.4

> [ Moved to -chat ]
> Really?  Explain to me how Win95/NT 'supports' it's easier with day-day
> bugfixes in a manner that's better than FreeBSD?

I wish my Vaio's winmodem worked on FreeBSD.  Same for the
sound card, and don't get me started on DVD playback support.

> However, back to the issue at hand.  Microsoft doesn't support old OS's
> like Win95 and NT3.5/4.0.  Heck, support for Win98 just ended with the
> release of WinME.

If you buy a new machine with an old OS, it's supported by
Microsoft for 90 days from date of purchse, so long as the
vendor has a contract with Microsoft.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---