Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 11:43:11 -0400
From:      David Heinrich <dh003i@mail.rochester.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD compatability

To Whom It May Concern:

I'm planning on buying a new computer from Soyata pretty soon(Soyata sell
Road Runner ready systems).  I am wondering about if the system I plan on
buying would be recognized by FreeBSD; that is, if the FreeBSD would
recognize the hardware I'm planning on getting...here's a list:

CASE:		Full Tower ATX w/ 6 bays
CPU:		Intel Pentium III 933
MEMORY(RAM):	512 MB RIMM
HDD:		45GB IBM.  7200RPM
GRAPH:		ATI Expert 2000 32MB AGP
MONITOR:	Viewsonic Q71 1280x1024 0.27DP 17"
CD:		8x DVD and HP93001
SOUND:		On-Board Sound Blaster 128
SPKR:		Yamaha 10 Watt Stereo
MODEM:		Lucent Tech 56K V90  (and, of course, a Motorolla Cable
		Modem)
OS:		Windows 98 2nd edition (and, of course, FreeBSD if it
		works w/ this hardware)
KEYBOARD:	ACER Wireless Keyboard/Mouse
MOUSE:		*see above*
CONTROL:	ADAPTEC 29160 (ULTRA160)
FLOPPY:		3.5" Mitsumi Floppy Drive
NETWORK:	ACER 10 Base T (Road Runner Ready)
BACKUP:		None
UPS:		None
MISC:		MS Sidewinder Precision Pro
ZIP:		IOMEGA 250MB Zip Drive
PRINTER:	Xerox WorkCentre 450c

Thank you for any response on if FreeBSD can be used with this hardware
setup...

David J. Heinrich
  dh003i@mail.rochester.edu
  dh003i@yahoo.com
  heinrich@rochester.rr.com

  "If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face
   -- forever."  --  Orwell, *1984*