Date:               Sat, 14 Jan 1995 11:44:57
From:      "Janusz Kokot" <JKOKOT@demeter.ipan.lublin.pl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:         NAS problems

I started to use netaudio, and I have some problems.

On my system with GUS, if I start once (sometimes more) au client
system halts.

Here is message :
---------------------------

panic: isa_dmastart: imposible request

syncing disk...

fault wirtual address  = 0x10
fault code             = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer    = 0x8:0xf0123387
code segment           = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                       = DPL 0, pres 1, def 321, gran 1
processor eflags       = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0

---------------------------

System: FreeBSD 2.0
486DX2/50 , 8MB RAM
BT445C Local Bus SCSI controller
Gravis Ultra Sound
cldg 5228 Local Bus video controller

Plesase help me what it can be : hardware problem or maybe I missed something
in kernell.
BTW when I simple play sounds with  :

cat au-file.au > /dev/audio

I have no problems
Janusz Kokot
Institute of Agrophysics, Polish Academy of Sciences
E-Mail: jkokot@demeter.ipan.lublin