Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:37:32 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@uni-mainz.de>
To:        dave@ephgroup.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hardware testing / burn in software

Dave Carrera schrieb:

> Hi List,
>
> Is there any freebsd based p.c hardware / burn in testing software
> available ?
>
> I ask as i am building 3 new servers and want to check all parts ie,
> mem, hdd, cpu etc before loading on my freebsd.
>
> What would be ideal is a micro kernal on a floppy disk or self booting
> cd with the testing software on the disk, i can only hope :-)
>
> Any help or advice is appreciated
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Dave C

For testing and stressing CPU/Cahce/memory interface look at
/usr/ports/sysutils/cpuburn.

For memory testing purposes
/usr/ports/sysutils/memtest
and
/usr/ports/sysuitls/memtest86
is very useful, I would prefer latter due to an ISO image for autostart.

For other purposes and device's testing I do not know any tool (under
UNIX like FreeBSD),
maybe bonny for harddrives?