Date:      Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:43:09 -0700
From:      "Bucky Jordan" <bajordan@hubbell-ltg.com>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Support for PERC4/Ei RAID controller?

We just got in a new Dell PowerEdge 2850 (with the new Nocona chip), but th=
e FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE installer is complaining about not finding any hard=
 drives. I'm pretty sure I've created the RAID 5 array correctly (Same as I=
 did on our 1750 and 2600, but those use the PERC4/Di and everything went s=
moothly with the install). Then I notice that the 2850 uses the PERC4/Ei co=
ntroller, and I haven't been able to find any references to it (even on Goo=
gle).=20

Suggestions? (Maybe I'd better start looking at network boot till support g=
ets added?)

Thanks

Bucky

the system manager.