Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 1995 22:24:34 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        John Lind <john@starfire.mn.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: packages and ports -- OK?

On Thu, 13 Apr 1995, John Lind wrote:

> I have gotten at least two things from the packages (bash and tcsh)
> that seemed to have unpacked OK, but when I try to run them, I get
> an error message like this:
> ld.so: bash: libgcc.so.261.0: Undefined error: 0

    From the README:

KNOWN PROBLEMS
If you want to run programs linked under 2.0 (this includes the
XFree86 3.1.1 distribution), you will need the file libgcc.so.261.0,
which you'll find in this directory.  Install it in /usr/lib.

    Let's face it, not enough people read README's.  That's why I
brought up the idea of including libgcc.so.261.0 in the bindist since
it is a critical part of the OS.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org