Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 1998 09:44:50 -0500
From:      sbabkin@dcn.att.com
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, blkirk@float.eli.net, jdn@acp.qiv.com, wilko@yedi.iaf.nl, grog@lemis.com
Subject:   RE: SCSI Bus redundancy...

> ----------
> From: 	Simon Shapiro[SMTP:shimon@simon-shapiro.org]
>
> > It's still a lot less work than put everything to tape, drop current
> > filesystems, drop current logical volumes, drop RAID group, create
> > new RAID group, create new logical volumes, create new filesystems,
> > restore everything from tape :-)
>
> If the tape still works, and is readable (have some good horror
> stories on
> dump/restore to tell).

I did nod added it to not make it too horrorous :-) Yes,
I personally do not like tapes very much. DAT tapes seem
to be reliable if you dispose the tapes after about 100
write-read cycles but even with them I had a completely
terrible story when during restoring the tape was torn
in drive (Archive drive and Verbatim tape).

-SB