Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 2003 19:40:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason <jason@monsterjam.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   No USB host controllers found?

on my HP Kayak XU server I just upgraded (make buildworld) to freebsd
4.8-STABLE.
[root@beast]# uname -a FreeBSD beast 4.8-STABLE FreeBSD
4.8-STABLE #0: Sun Apr 13 01:08:27 EDT 2003

in my dmesg after bootup, I
see the following.. uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> irq 2
at device 7.2 on pci0 uhci0: Could not map ports device_probe_and_attach:
uhci0 attach returned 6

when I plug in my D-link usb webcam into either usb port, I dont see
anything
in dmesg. when I issue the "usbd" command, I get
NO USB host controllers found.
Ive tried deleting/recreating /dev/usb* but that didnt help.

It appears to be something with to bios, but the usb ports ARE enabled in
the bios. I emailed the usb-bsd@eleetbsd.org mailing list but got no
answer. any ideas?

regards,
Jason

--
Only through hard work and perseverance can one truly suffer.