Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 1999 15:25:20 +0100
From:      Alexander Sanda <entropy@compufit.at>
To:        David O'Brien <obrien@NUXI.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gcc

Dienstag, Dienstag, 02. März 1999, you wrote:

DOB> Netscape uses a *A.OUT* libg++.  We are an *ELF* system now.  If you want
DOB> to run Netscape (also a piece of a.out code) you would install the
DOB> compat22 distribution bits.

Then I probably misinterpreted the term "abandon it entirely".

DOB> What we are talking about here has nothing to do with Netscape.

Maybe.  But  what  if Netscape decides to make the next fbsd release ELF
(and still keeps linking with libg++) ?

What about Mozilla ? Is it libg++ - free ?

I  agree that libg++ is (almost) useless today, but dropping it from the
source and making it a port shouldn't disturb anyone.

--
 Alexander