Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 17:48:01 -0600 (CST)
From:      Phil Gilley <pgilley@metronet.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.5 FTP install problems

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, Doug White wrote:

> Check your settings on your Ethernet card.  They may be conflicting with
> another device.

Thanks, but I already tried that.  Just to be *real* sure I pulled
all non essential cards out which just left me with 2 serial ports,
a parallel port and the video card.  I tried the ethernet card at
various IRQ and port settings.  The system works if I pop in a
2.2.2-RELEASE or 2.1.7.1-RELEASE boot floppy.

Phil Gilley
pgilley@metronet.com