Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:59:16 +0000
From:      Kaya Saman <kayasaman@gmail.com>
To:        uzimac@da3m0n8t3r.com, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Plex Media Server Port issues

On 03/19/2014 12:08 AM, Waitman Gobble wrote:
> On 3/18/2014 4:36 PM, Kaya Saman wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm experiencing 3 issues with the Plex Media Server....
>>
>> My configuration is running FreeBSD 10.0 x64 with the ports tree up
>> to date.
>>
>> Issue 1: Upon first installing the port everything went fine however,
>> PMS wouldn't start and kept complaining about a Python C Lang
>> issue... Google'ing  I managed to find a FreeBSD Forum posting
>> stating to insert this line:
>>
>> #!/bin/sh
>> export LD_LIBMAP="/lib/libc.so.7
>> /usr/local/share/plexmediaserver/libc.so.7"
>>

> I don't recall using Plex Media Server however I think you are missing
> something in your LD_LIBMAP.. like an equal sign, instead of the
> space.. ie libc.so.7=the other libc.so.7

Thanks for the hint, I added it into the start.sh file and restarted the
PMS service.

I'm not sure if it actually did anything though as nothing seems to have
changed.

In the meantime however, shouldn't that have been added into the port in
anycase?

I can definitely say that the DLNA server isn't visible. I will check in
the meantime to see if there is a setting somewhere maybe in the
Preferences.xml file to turn on the visibility... unless anyone else has
any ideas?

Regards,

Kaya