Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2017 12:31:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      Roger Marquis <marquis@roble.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Procmail Vulnerabilities check

Michelle Sullivan wrote:
> Personally I think if you remove Sendmail you should not replace it with
> something else... but then FreeBSD is not about what I want or what the
> users want anymore.

I thought there already was a viable replacement in OpenSMTPD?  The fact
that OpenBSD migrated 3 years ago makes this a no-brainer, or does
anyone think accepting mail from remote hosts needs to be part of base?

Considering just about every other open source OS distribution now uses
Postfix the potential for its license to be updated (from IPL to EPL2.0)
may be timely...
<https://marc.info/?l=postfix-users&m=151173967410400&w=3>;

Roger