Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2006 01:06:44 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Jonathan McKeown <jonathan@hst.org.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD installer (was Re: Newbie Experience #2)

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:26:33 +0200
Jonathan McKeown <jonathan@hst.org.za> wrote:

> On Monday 11 September 2006 15:56, Jud wrote:
> > everyone who uses FreeBSD knows that a "better" (meaning,
> > at least to many folks, more simplified and graphical)
> > installer would be nice
>
> Perhaps as an option. The problem is that you need to install a graphical
> environment to run a graphical installer. Simplicity means different things
> to different people, too.

absolutely. but you don't need to "install" anything to "run" a graphical
installer. And, ideally, you wouldn't be forced to have only the graphical
installer option, you'd still be able to use the good old ncurses or hack your
own -serial one :)

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"Ugly programs are like ugly suspension bridges: they're much more liable to
collapse than pretty ones, because the way humans (especially engineer-humans)
perceive beauty is intimately related to our ability to process and understand
complexity. A language that makes it hard to write elegant code makes it hard
to write good code." Eric Raymond

Warned.