Date:      Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:25:50 +0100
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.uni-mainz.de>
Subject:   How download installed packages' sourcesfiles

Hello.
I run into the follwoing problem.
Using an internet connected at my lab makes me happy installing each
package I need from source.
At home I have only a very slow moem connection, but I need also the
same packages (not precompiled,
the sources) there.

One idea was to "fetch" every source tarball of every installed
port-package as reported in /var/db/pkg,
burn /usr/ports/distfiles in conjunction with a up to date
/usr/Ports-tree on one or two DVDs and
the copy this at home on the disk (capacity is not an issue).

Unforunately "portupdate" does not have a simple functionality to gather
all tarballs from each installed
port and its friends it depends on.
Maybe someone of you has a similar limitation and can help.

Thanks,
Oliver