Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 22:30:15 -0700
From:      Troi Eisler <teisler@istar.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.com
Subject:   3Com 3c589D Ethernet Card

Hi.  I just purchased FreeBSD 2.2.2 and, while trying to install it,
found in the HARDWARE.TXT file on the CDROM the the 3C589D card I just
bought is not supported.  There is also a mention about some new driver
support comming up and would like to know what you would suggest on
methods I could use to install my new operating system.  As you could
expect it is a laptop and therefore has either a floppy or a CDROM
installed at any one time and was planning to install FreeBSD over my
network.  I do have, however, a JAZ drive connected to an Adaptec 1460
(recognized as a 1520) SCSI adapter.  Could this be a posible way to
perform the install?

Your suggestions would be much appreciated.

Troi.