Date:      Tue, 09 Feb 1999 01:12:37 -0500
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adding DHCP client to src/contrib/

Steve Kargl wrote in message ID
<199902090603.WAA65186@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>:
> I do live in a dhcp world, but our net admins appreciate
> the fact my machines are up 7/24 and serve my research group,
> so they have given me a fixed ip.

That argument won't work with Media-One, Roadrunner, RCN, etc who just simply
*DO* *NOT* *SUPPORT* *STATIC* *IP* *ASSIGNMENTS*. How can we make this any
clearer to you? Its fine to say `I don't want to see DHCP in the base system'
when you have the choice of getting a static IP. A lot of the emerging
high-speed access providers aren't giving you that option.

Gary