Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 95 18:25:02 -0700
From:      Craig Eidem <cj@claircom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Future Domain TMC-850 SCSI Controller

I have a Compaq Deskpro/M
	16M RAM
	1 IDE Controller with:
		Conner 510M HD
		Western Digital 1G HD
	MS Sound System
	Future Domain TMC-850 SCSI Controller with:
		Toshiba XM-3401 CD

I have installed FreeBSD 2.0.5 from the hard disk. But
I am unable to get FreeBSD to recognize my CD player. The
device is not found.

I noticed the FAQ for 1.1 and below mentions support for FD TMC-8xx
but the FAQ for 2.0 mentions support for FD TMC-950.

I have tried booting from floppy with the boot -c option and disabling
everything except what I believe the system is actually using and has found.

Any advice, tips, tricks, techniques, tools, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Although I was able to intall from hardisk, I would still like to get support
for the CD as there are still many ports and packages I would like to install.

Thanks,
	Craig J. Eidem
	(206) 389-4196 Wk Number