Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2001 23:00:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@kithrup.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.3 and the HP OmniBook 6000

>Second:  once again, audio doesn't really like me :).  I have "device pcm" in
>my kernel config file, and it does find the Maestro 3E chip fine; sndstat
>reports
>
>	FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Apr 21 2001 19:44:49
>	Installed devices:
>	pcm0: <ESS Technology Maestro3> at io 0x1400 irq 5 (4p/1r channels duplex)
>
>However, neither reading nor writing work:
>
>	pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

Well, I have _this_ working, because I was too clever for my own good, and
compiled maestro3.c into the kernel, instead of as a module.  Using the module
instead (kldload /modules/snd_maestro3.ko) seems to get it working.

Now I'm trying to figure out the PCMCIA slots.  They're in polling mode, but
only sometimes work -- the first card I plugged in (a compact flash card) hung
the system.  After rebooting, I was able to insert a WaveLAN card, and the CF
card, and then remove the WaveLAN... but after that, no more inserts or
removals are noticed.  'pccardc dumpcis' does note that there are no cards
inserted.