Date:      Tue, 30 Jun 2015 00:39:29 +0100
From:      Joe Holden <mail@m.jwh.me.uk>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>, sunpoet@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, Carmel NY <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
Subject:   Re: ftp/curl needs better config error message please

On 30/06/2015 00:30, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Joe Holden wrote:
>>> ftp/curl is still broken after
>>> 	svn up # Updated to revision 390661.
>>>
>>> Many ports depend on ftp/curl,
>>> 	I've temporarily added to DUDS:
>>>    	fvwm2 mrxvt arandr lxrandr xorg xorg-apps chromium dillo2
>>> 	& so far I've only got (backward) from ports/x* to ports/www/
>>>
>>> I tried
>>> 	locate ibre | grep -i ssl | grep usr/ports | grep -v /work/
>>> cd /usr/ports/security/libressl ; make install
>>> 	libressl-2.2.0 conflicts with installed package(s): openssl-1.0.2_3
>>>
>>> pkg info -a | grep -i ssl
>>> cd /usr/ports/security/openssl 	# just an inspired guess.
>>> make deinstall
>>> cd /usr/ports/ftp/curl
>>> make package-recursive	# OK.
>>>
>>> Now httrack complains:
>>> Shared object "libcrypto.so.8" not found, required by "libhttrack.so.2"
>>>
>>> pkg check -d -a | grep ssl
>>> httrack has a missing dependency: openssl
>>> nettle has a missing dependency: openssl
>>>
>>> cd /usr/ports/security/openssl
>>> make package-recursive
>>>
>>> httrack now works, but Ive now killed curl,
>>> cd  x11-wm/fvwm2 ; make
>>> ===>  curl-7.43.0_1 GSSAPI_BASE is set, which is not compatible with OpenSSL/LibreSSL from ports. Set GSSAPI_NONE or do not use ports SSL..
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> This SSL can of worms with opaque error messages is not sufficient.
>>> Which explicit exact variable names collide or needed for Which ?
>>> explicit exact full file names please ?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Julian
>> Not sure if I am missing something here - just set GSSAPI_NONE for the
>> port and it just works (tm)
> Thanks Joe,
> Perhaps its me missing something
> or having something too much, but what ?
>
> What should I set where, how ? Please someone be explicit !
> 	su
> 	source `which /home/jhs/bin/.csh/unsetenv.csh`
> 	printenv
> 		PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/bin
> 		TERM=xterm
> 	mv /etc/make.conf /etc/make.conf.MV
> 	rm -rf /var/db/ports/*curl	; ls -l  /var/db/ports/*curl
> 	cd /usr/ports/ftp/curl
> 	make clean
> 		===>  Cleaning for pkg-1.5.4
> 		===>  Cleaning for openssl-1.0.2_3
> 		===>  Cleaning for perl5-5.20.2_4
> 		===>  Cleaning for ca_root_nss-3.19.1_1
> 		===>  Cleaning for curl-7.43.0_2
> 	make
> 		curl-7.43.0_2 GSSAPI_BASE is not compatible with
> 		OpenSSL from ports. Use other GSSAPI options or
> 		OpenSSL from base system.
> 		*** Error code 1
> 	setenv GSSAPI_NONE TRUE ; make	# Fails
> 		===>  curl-7.43.0_1 GSSAPI_BASE is set, which is
> 		not compatible with OpenSSL/LibreSSL from ports.
> 		Set GSSAPI_NONE or do not use ports SSL..
> 		*** Error code 1
> 	unsetenv GSSAPI_NONE
> 	make GSSAPI_NONE=TRUE				# Fails
> 	make GSSAPI_NONE=YES				# Fails
> [...]
When I encountered this in my poudriere build, I added the following:

curl_SET+=GSSAPI_NONE
curl_UNSET+=GSSAPI_BASE

Obviously it also depends on if you use openssl from ports or base,
granted it is really obscure but the message at least did give me some
idea what it expected:

root@jump:~ # pkg info curl | grep GSSAPI
         GSSAPI_BASE    : off
         GSSAPI_HEIMDAL : off
         GSSAPI_MIT     : off
         GSSAPI_NONE    : on

Although I have no use for GSSAPI so YMMV I guess... I use openssl from
ports so that might be a factor, I haven't checked since.

Cheers,
Joe