Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:53:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Herbert Chang <zhang_huabin@hotmail.com>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which mail server is the best: qmail, postfix or exim?

On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Sunday, 14 November 1999 at 22:21:14 -0600, Herbert Chang wrote:
> > I want to install a mail server on FreeBSD. There are many ports of mail
> > server on http://www.freebsd.org/ports/mail.html. I wonder which is the
> > best:  qmail, postfix, exim or other?
>
> I'm surprised nobody mentions sendmail.  It's still the most-used MTA.

By virtue of legacy, sure. But I wonder what percentage of new
installations it has. Based on the responses in this thread, I'd conclude
that the world is moving on to newer things. Has postfix or qmail ever had
_any_ remote security problems?

Kris

----
Cthulhu for President! For when you're tired of choosing the _lesser_ of
two evils..