Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 06:34:32 -0700
From:      francis.lam@leitch.com
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kerberos 5 KDC with Kerberos IV client

Hi,

I am working on upgrading our servers to Y2K.

I am building a test bed with three(3) boxes called A, B and C.

Box A installed with FreeBSD 3.2, Kerberos 5 and setup as KDC.
Box B installed with FreeBSD 3.2 and Kerberos 5.
Box C installed with FreeBSD 2.2.6 and Kerberos IV.

The Kerberos 5 datebase setup is done.

All three boxes are be able to issue a ticket from KDC.
Rlogin from box B and C to box A works fine.
Rlogin from box A to box B works OK.
Rlogin from box C to box B works OK too.

But rlogin from box A or box B to box C was rejected. The messages was:

Couldn't authenticate to server: Bad sendauth version was sent
rlogin: kcmd to host bitter failed - Bad sendauth version was sent
trying normal rlogin (/usr/bin/rlogin)
usage: rlogin [ -8DEKLx] [-k realm] [-e char] [ -l username ] host

The srvtab on box C was created by kadmin: ktadd and converted to
srvtab using:
ktutil: rst krb5.keytab
ktutil: wkt srvtab

Any idea what was wrong.