Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:27:47 GMT
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        dyson@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   VM problems (still)

 I've cvsup'd the latest changes (inc. pmap.c v 118??) and i'm still
 getting these panics...

 Its the brelese: free buffer onto another queue??? and it happens
 in brelese (not bqrelese)...  If it helps any bp->qindex is
 _always_ QUEUE_LRU (==2)  I'm happy to detail the trace if its
 useful.

 Also, i'm not sure if this would be an easy one to fix, but with
 the panic calls they don't reset the video mode, so in X
 you just get _hung_ ...

 All in all i'm trying to handle the system with kid gloves.  I'm
 wondering if I should checkout the 960801 /sys tree and build
 a kernel from that?

 Anyway... keep up the great work guys!

 Peter

--