Date:      Mon, 08 Dec 1997 18:59:59 PST
From:      "Oleg Ogurok" <olegogurok@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   How to access to ftp servers using ppp program?

Dear Sir:

During install of FreeBSD 2.2.5 I can select the FTP SERVER as an
installation media, I connect to ftp.freebsd.org (dial-up) and install
too slow, but normaly. I just downloaded the main package of FreeBSD
using Windows95 and installed it on another partition of my Hard disk.
But now, when I call to my internet provider using PPP program, I
connected, prompt is changing from ppp ON xxx> to PPP ON xxx>. I assume,
that packet mode was begin. But when I trying to using ftp program to
access to ftp servers ( for example for ftp.freebsd.org for download all
package of FreeBSD ), the ftp program after typing: open
ftp.freebsd.org, tell me: Unknown host. So, I can't access to any
server.

And do I need to download the directory /pub/FreeBSD/X11 for run
X-Windows?

Sincerely yours, Oleg Ogurok.