Date:      Tue, 02 Apr 2002 17:08:38 -0800
From:      rick norman <rick.norman@lmco.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dummynet pipes

I'm running 4.3 so I don't know if that makes a difference, but there are
somethings I don't understand about the commands.
If  the command 'ipfw add pipe 1 ip from ...' is executed, I get a
rule 00100 number added with the pipe number requested according to 'ipfw
list'.
The command 'ipfw pipe 1 delete' then gives a setsockopt err.  'ipfw pipe
flush'
returns successfully but when I list the rules, nothing is gone. 'ipfw
delete 100'
deletes the rule and the pipe is no longer visible.  Apparently I don't
understand
how pipe numbers relate to rule numbers.  I've read what I could find, any
help
or reading reccomendations are appreciated.
thanks
Rick Norman