Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:38:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wi0_cmd: busy bit won't clear

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> I upgraded my Dell Inspiron after I installed 5.0R to 5.1-CURRENT
> by cvsuping.
>
> The buildworld-installworld was a hell. Many installs failed
> e.g. /rescue stuff, /usr/share/locale/...man/man1 directories and such.
>
> I've expereinced much smoother upgrades. make buildkernel/installkernel
> worked fine though.
>
> Anyway, my wi0 is defunct now and I cannot bootstrap myself
> at the moment with further cvsups. So either I need to handfix
> my 5.1_current now or go back to 5.0R

I just got that (wi0_cmd: busy bit won't clear) today when
booting with my DWL-650H inserted.  I've seen it before also,
so I wasn't sure if it was an issue with recent changes or not.

I worked around it by removing it and then reinserting it
and manually ifconfig'ing it.  My normal setup is to have
dhclient run on it at boot up.  So try rebooting without
the card inserted and then insert it and manually configuring
it (if you haven't already tried).

> Help!
>
> Also I got strange (-160) **** can't allocate 0 bytes messages during boot
> (while running as single user)

Those are mostly harmless, though you might try disabling
ACPI.  My Dell laptops have those messages also.  You
can try disabling ACPI also, though I don't know that it
will help your wi problem.

--
Dan Eischen