Date:      Mon, 22 May 2006 16:43:32 +0700 (ICT)
From:      Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th>
To:        menwn@yahoo.co.uk
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MESS

>   if i enter single user mode it dasen't seem to recognize many
>   commands: starrtx, ee, pico, emacs etc so i cannot change my
>   /etc/fstab in case this is the problem.

At that stage, you should still be able to mount /usr (provided that
you did notmove /usron your windows disk...)

So mount -a, it will complain about the ntfs disk, but you have access
to emacs. (else you can still use ed(1), no need to mount /usr)

So you can remove the offending line from /etc/fstab.

Then reboot and reconsider the procedure.

You may need to define /dev/ad0s1

For Windows reboot I don't know.

Olivier