Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 16:36:31 -0700
From:      James Bucanek <subscriber@gloaming.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port or build instructions for mod_jk 3.2.3?

At 2:35 PM -0700 9/23/01, James Bucanek wrote:
>I have tried numerous times to build mod_jk from the source
><http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.2.3/src/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.3-src.tar.gz>.
>
>I have used 'make -f Makefile.freebsd all' (as none of the build
>instructions in the mod_jk documentation jive with any of the files).
>
>The resulting mod_jk module fails to load:
>
>Cannot load native/apache1.3/mod_jk.so into server:
>native/apache1.3/mod_jk.so: Undefined symbol "map_name_at"

Follow-up to my own post: After reading some other comments, I
decided to try using gmake instead of make.  The build looks much
more healthy (i.e. it actually builds all of the files)!.

However, now when I run apachectl configtest, I get:

Cannot load native/apache1.3/mod_jk.so into server:
native/apache1.3/mod_jk.so: Undefined symbol "pthread_mutex_unlock"

Can someone give a clue as to what I might be missing here?  Is it
something I'm failing to link to, or does Apache need something (some
dynamic libraries in the PATH, etc.)?

Thanks,