Date:      Thu, 06 Jun 2013 18:27:28 +1000
From:      Kubilay Kocak <koobs.freebsd@gmail.com>
To:        Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
Cc:        Quark <unixuser2000-fbsd@yahoo.com>, "freebsd-ports@freebsd.org" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Announce: Unofficial binary package builds for old releases

On 6/06/2013 6:16 PM, Kevin Day wrote:

> On Jun 6, 2013, at 1:41 AM, Quark <unixuser2000-fbsd@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> thanks Kevin, this is really cool stuff. It had be more exiting had it also been offered via pkgng
>>

> Is there much demand for pkgng yet? We aren't using it internally, and so far none of our customers are asking for it.
>
> I could bring some more boxes online and do pkgng builds too, I was just unclear about demand for it at this stage.
>
> -- Kevin

I think the value of and demand for pkgng is highly likely to increase
and gain traction given supported package sets for it, whether they're
official or not.

At a minimum, and from the perspective of "being a catalyst for
achieving critical mass", it would be helpful.

Thanks also for all your hard work and commitment so far  :)

Koobs