Date:      Fri, 7 Jun 2002 17:41:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Al Snore <badpacket94501@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pro's and Con's of FreeBSD vs Linux for embedded systems?

--0-1020207156-1023496917=:82817

Bruce,

  How about using cBSD as a simple file server sitting on a Win2K/XP network?
That should be organic to Closed BSD, correct?

thanks
  Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org> wrote: Troy,

You might be interested in ClosedBSD (www.closedbsd.org). I have been in the
process of getting the buildworld weeded out. Currently it builds against
the RELENG_4_5 tree. Our objective is to supply a ready-to-roll firewall,
NAT, proxy and 802.11 AP solution with an easy configuration interface.

CVS repository up soon. Of course, as soon as I began working on ClosedBSD,
I found a love interest, and work got busy, so I am being pulled in 6
directions at once trying to get everything to happen! :))

BMS

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 09:19:41AM -0500, Troy Thoele wrote:
> I now run a multitude of FreeBSD 4.5 servers, but I've just about given up
> with Pico development. It looks like Pico isn't staying current with the
> mainstream FreeBSD development. This is unfortunate, as some of us (me)
> aren't too good with programming, and if something is broken, I generally
> need outside help to fix it.

--0-1020207156-1023496917=:82817

<P>
<P>Bruce,
<P>&nbsp;
<P>&nbsp; How about using cBSD as a simple file server sitting on a Win2K/XP network? <BR>That should be organic to Closed BSD, correct?
<P>&nbsp;
<P>thanks