Date:      Tue, 27 Apr 1999 13:51:05 -0400
From:      Brian McGovern <bmcgover@cisco.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make index issue w/3.1-RELEASE

I hate to follow up on my own post, but I think I found the issue I've been
having with package Indexes trying to use a category as a dependency. It
appears that the port system's "make index" does in fact make the index, but
inserts spaces before the dependencies (and some other fields). This apparently
confuses sysinstall, and sysinstall tries to install the first category of
packages as a dependency.

Anyhow, now that I know what I need to fix, I can fix it, but I thought you'd
like to make changes on your end so this doesn't become an issue for
someone else :)
-Brian