Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2016 17:37:01 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        "unixreader@yahoo.com" <unixreader@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Unixreader Mydog via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: find module information

On Mon, 21 Mar 2016 10:21:27 +0000 (UTC), Unixreader Mydog via freebsd-questions wrote:
> Hello, everbody, i saw a module named i915kms.ko, and i want to know
> what is its' facility, Could anybody please tell me where i can get
> some useful information.

This probably is a 3rd party module, so the documentation
is located where the port maintainer decided to install it
to. In most cases, this will be /usr/local/share/doc/<name>,
but other locations are also possible. Some ported software
provides a manual page, "man <name>", but sadly it's not
always the case.

Sometimes you can derive from the name: "i915kms" is shorthand
for "Intel 915" (graphics chipset) kernel mode setting.

> (and any other modules in /boot/kernel)

Usually "man <name>" will work for OS-provided modules.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany