Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:33:53 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freebsd.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.0-RUSH: -current install testers wanted!

I built a "make release" overnight and I managed to install from it
by copying the boot.flp image to a ZIP disk, selecting Minimum and
FTP passive.

So far so good.

But we all know that sysintall has a few more bells and whistles than
that, so NOW is the TIME of all good men to come to the aid of their
favourite installer!

I want as many people as possible to beat up on sysinstall as much as
they can.

And I want them to do it RSN: 5.0-R is only 9 days away.

Please try to be creative in the choices you make in sysinstall, we
don't need 20 people all testing ftp-passive, we need to get all the
media options tested, IPv4 and IPv6, all the different distributions,
scripted installs, on different hardware configs and so.

If you find problems, please try to see if you reproduce them, if you
can, try to see if you can isolate them to some particular menu choice
or set of circumstances.  Please report your findings with send-pr.

If you don't have the machine-power to run make release yourself,
I hope the japanese snapshot server is producing good snapshots,
if that fails, I would appreciate if somebody will produce and put up
good releases and/or ISO images somewhere.

I can't promise to fix all the issues which come up, but I will do my
very best...