Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 1998 02:49:09 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Luigi's 'cdda' patches for 3.0-CURRENT...

On Mon, 23 Feb 1998, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> 	I'm going to try tosha w/ patches next, but considering that both
> 'sox' and 'mpeg_musicin' appear to be pretty "standard", my suspicion is
> that its either the way that cdda is pulling the data, or the drive
> itself...

	Okay, just tried tosha w/ ATAPI patches, and it totally blows up
my machine, so that doesn't appear the route to go...

	But, tosha has a 'pcmplay' program that comes with, which if I try
to play the file that cdda creates, produces just the same 'static' that
I'm getting out of the mp3's I'm converting...so I'm not even getting the
data off the CD properly...

	So, any suggestions on where to go next would be greatly
appreciated ... :)

Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org