Date:      Sat, 8 Jul 2000 15:02:20 +0200
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Why don't section 4 pages live with their drivers?

-On [20000707 16:01], Nik Clayton (nik@freebsd.org) wrote:
>On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 08:31:16AM +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
>
>> This makes updating them easy when Peter (for example) commits some
>> config changes again.  Contrary to me having to wade though the entire
>> source tree scourging for the files.
>
>    locate config.8

Of course that idea struck me as well.  However, given the recent
changes to the configuration format where we went from fxp0 to fxp and
that for all devices it makes manpage maintenance easier when I can
simply cd to man4, vim * and modify everything needed and fcvs commit
man4/* and be done.

Using locate would mean I am wasting much more time.

On the whole I find this request for moving the manpages and scattering
them around src/ a mere change for the sake of change request with not
much advantage coming from it.

--
Jeroen Ruigrok vd Werven/Asmodai    asmodai@[wxs.nl|bart.nl|freebsd.org]
Documentation nutter/C-rated Coder BSD: Technical excellence at its best