Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2006 19:01:28 +0200
From:      Erwin Lansing <erwin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: a script to find installed ports@ maintained ports infos

--ZF1t0IC2USSPoN83

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 06:13:56PM +0800, Dryice Liu wrote:
>=20
> I really like the script posted here some time ago that shows all the
> un-maintained ports installed on one's system.
>=20
> However when I tried to take maintainership of some of them, I found
> lots of them are already in the latest version and builds perfectly on
> all platform. And I'm not comfitable with sending a PR that just put
> my name there :)

There is some controversy about if this is a good idea or not. After a
short discussion on portmgr we decided that we really need more
maintainers, so we welcome all people to take up a port. People should
realize that being a maintainer has some responsibilities and sending an
update along with the maintainer patch is a good way of showing that
they know what they are getting into.
>=20
> So I scratch this script to check against
> http://beta.inerd.com/portscout/ports@freebsd.org.html and
> http://portsmon.firepipe.net/portsconcordanceformaintainer.py?maintainer=
=3Dports%40freebsd
> for possible new versions, build errors, and related PRs. Thus I can
> have a better idea which one I should look at first.
>=20

Aaah! So that's where all the load on my box is coming from :-)
You should change the url to portsmon.freebsd.org. Portsmon was moved
=66rom firepipe some time ago and the url only works for people that
haven't updated their bookmarks yet and I can't say how long it's going
to stay. Whenever we move portsmon around again, the freebsd.org alias
will stay.

Cheers,
-erwin

--=20
Erwin Lansing                                     http://droso.org
Security is like an onion.          (o_ _o)
It's made up of several layers   \\\_\   /_///    erwin@FreeBSD.org
And it makes you cry.            <____) (____>    erwin@aauug.dk

--ZF1t0IC2USSPoN83

--ZF1t0IC2USSPoN83--