Date:      Sat,  5 Mar 2005 14:44:46 +0100
From:      "Florian Hengstberger" <e0025265@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject:   solution: ipfw, natd

Hi!
With this order (rules 201,501,502), everything works well.
Other orders, although intuitivly correct, don't behave as expected.
I tried divert, allow all from internal, check-state and nothing happened.

# enable the natd
add 00201 divert natd all from any to any via sis0

### TCP ###
# per default only outgoing tcp connections, established from my host are
allowed
# check against the dynamic rulesets, then allow traffic from internal network
add 00501 check-state
add 00502 allow all from any to any via vr0 keep-state
add 00503 deny tcp from any to any in established via sis0
add 00504 deny all from any to any frag in via sis0
# allow all tcp setup connection
add 00505 allow tcp from any to any out via sis0 setup keep-state

Was hard to find, not well documented.
The handbook suggests firewalltype OPEN, which is in fact not very
sensible! A few more words on this would be fine or a reference to
the Ipfw-Advanced-Supplement-HOWTO, which covers this
case.

Florian