Date:      Tue, 7 May 2002 23:53:38 +0200 (CEST)
From:      BOUWSMA Beery <freebsd-misuser@dcf77-zeit.netscum.dyndns.dk>
To:        Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nwfs + ftpd

[replies sent directly to me the next several days will probably
 timeout and bounce, sorry...]

Servus!
You wrote:

> > filesystems, but is no longer, while it is still a unionfs-mounted-fs
> > problem, as I've observed.  I haven't checked though...
> At least in -stable.

> > least, until the unionfs sendfile() access is fixed to work...)

> One of the FreeBSD developers said that this is already fixed in -current,
> but backporting isn't so straightforward.
> If you can try this out, please let me know.

Okay, I did and it worked, with -current.  Both the sendfile-httpd
(binary from -stable) and the -current native ftpd delivered a
fine unblemished mp3 of several minutes, from a couple union mounts.

(This is a non-current -current, vintage march or so, but I wouldn't
expect it to have been gratuitously b0rkened over the last two months)

barry bouwsma